Sunday, September 3, 2006

Back From Tacticon

We're back home from the convention! It's been a long weekend, but Wendy got some really cool chain mail in trade, and I got a present for Kumo (and one for Wendy too, when she wasn't looking).

I saw Bear and Cat briefly, but I think they were in the middle of a game so they didn't hang around long enough to even snap a picture. It was great to see them, though!

I didn't go to any of the games or anything, instead I just hung out and helped sell chain mail at the TML Mailworkes table. Tom, the owner, makes some really beautiful chain mail, so between customers, I did some shopping of my own.

First, I tried to talk to Tom's armored war dog. He seemed nice enough, but he wasn't very chatty. Strong silent type, I guess.

I checked out the chain mail dice bags, and even though they're gorgeous I don't have any dice and neither does Kumo.

I have three of these mobius balls on my library bookshelf. They're great fidget toys, and I learned to juggle them too!

I thought maybe I'd pick Kumo out a necklace from all the beautiful ones Tom makes, but she only ever wears that one pendant, so I didn't know if she'd wear one.


I wear one of Tom's bracelets as a collar with my ID tag on it all the time, and it occurred to me that Kumo might like a red and black chain mail choker like it to hang her pendant from. So I got her one. She left me a note that she was going riding (since today is absolutely gorgeous motorcycle riding weather), so she hasn't been home to get it yet. I think she'll really like it.



When Wendy wasn't looking, I wandered over and checked out the t-shirts by Pair o' Dice Gamer Gear at the table next to us. They have a lot of really clever, funny t-shirts, and I knew Wendy liked them a bunch. In the end, I was torn between getting her the new "Demand More Cleavage" one...


... or the "Modified Dragon" one.


In the end, I surprised her when we got home with the Dragon. She had no clue that I got it for her and she loves it! It was a good surprise. Alan and Anjanette (the owners and operators of Pair o' Dice) were very nice about selling a shirt to a rabbit, though they did look at me a little weird.

For me, I got a pair of very nice chain mail bracers. Custom made, while I waited, by Tom. They're great! I'll get pictures of them when I get Kumo to model her choker later this evening.

I guess I don't mind that we didn't go camping, though it would've been fun. I hope Mal is having fun on his camping trip (he told me in e-mail that it's all warm and sunny up there, so he and Molokai were going for the weekend). Maybe we'll get to go before Fall sets in. We'll see.

In the meantime, this was a strange way to spend Labor Day weekend, but not bad. Not bad at all.