Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Monday Night Poker....er, Go Fish

Kumo showed up this afternoon, shortly after I got home from school. We hung around a bit, and just as she was about to leave, a pretty serious looking storm rolled in.


So we brought her bike up onto the porch, where it'd be safe, and she came back inside for some coffee and cards in the library.

We stayed up much too late playing a very heated game of "Go Fish" (heated as games like Fish can only get when played by siblings).


She growled at me once (seriously, growled at me) for asking for her Jacks. And then completely wiped the floor with me for the rest of the game. (shaking head) My sister, "Go Fish" card shark.

It's been lovely spending more time with her. Voltaire adores her (I'm starting to think that Voltaire adores everyone). I offered to let her stay overnight, but she felt the roads were dry enough that she'd be okay on the ride home. She knows her bike makes me nervous (she's been in two wrecks on her previous motorcycles) and so she called me as soon as she got home, to let me know she made it home alive.

She is really most considerate of her worry prone brother.... even if she is a card shark.