Friday, July 28, 2006

Party Girls, and a Girl Party

I got home from school, to find a slightly tipsy Kumo pigging out on the dining room table.

She explained to me, between hiccups, that she was sampling the snacks for the party tonight. The bachelorette party for Becky, that's being held HERE. TONIGHT!! When I asked her why I hadn't heard anything about a party being held at MY house, she laughed herself silly and said "You're a boy! You're not invited!" as if that explained it.

So apparently we'll be having company this evening.

We also had company this afternoon. My dear, sweet sister, Willow, took in Aunt Esther and the kids so that Aunt Esther wouldn't have to put up with Voltaire. I used Voltaire not liking kids as an excuse. Though, when Willow brought the kids by to say "hello" this afternoon, Voltaire proved me a complete liar. She adores the kids!!

Thankfully, Aunt Esther didn't come along to see what a complete fib it was.


Holly LOVES Voltaire.

I told her there would be puppies soon, and I think she's going to try to talk her mom into letting her have one. So I'm not even sure, between dissing her for a dog, and her daughter begging for a puppy because of me, if Aunt Esther is even going to be speaking to me at the wedding tomorrow.

Speaking of the wedding, I was really worried about what to do with Voltaire. I was thinking that maybe I just wouldn't go, but my sister Willow once again saved the day by offering to stay here and Voltaire sit for me. She told me that she wasn't ever as close with Becky as I was, and she was thinking about not going anyway. Willow's got horses, and one of her mares just had a foal a few weeks ago, so she's experienced with this birthing stuff. And Voltaire seems to like her (Voltaire seems to like EVERYONE), so I think that'll work out great.

Voltaire hasn't shown any of the weirdness that Mandi was seeing, now that she's been home. She's been super affectionate, eats everything I put in front of her, and is very playful. She sleeps a lot, but given her condition, I guess that makes sense.

As I write this, both girls are sleeping. Voltaire is sleeping off her playing with the kids, and Kumo is sleeping off her bender sampling.

I would go clean the room where this party is going to be, but it's Kumo's doing and SHE can clean it.

Well, whenever she wakes up, anyway.