Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday Pt. 1: Morning - Writers' Group

Kumo fell asleep in the library chair last night, and then followed me to the writers' group this morning. Strange having Kumo here at the writers' group. She's not a writer, and not even much of a reader for that matter. If it's not about ninjas or written by Richard Marcinko Kumo just isn't interested.

So mostly Kumo hung around, reading The Onion with Billy Bear...


...and hustling Billy and Marmie at Fish. She's like that.


Hanging out with Billy and Marmie is always good. Marmie looks lovely in her beautiful new necklace, but she's always been known as someone with exquisite taste. I'm glad that Kumo, Billy and Marmie all seem to like each other. As I type this, Kumo is now playing a rousing game of solitare, but seems just happy as can be to just be hanging out here.

I'm not sure why Kumo's over all the time now, but with Voltaire being over at Mandi's until Aunt Esther's visit is over, it is kind of nice having another presence in the house. It's quiet with Voltaire gone. I hadn't realized how quickly I had gotten used to his being around. Mandi now laughs at me every time I call, but I just want to make sure he's doing okay over there. She said he seems a little mellow, and not as playful as he was when she brought the dogs over here the other day, but mostly okay. Maybe I'll go over and visit him sometime next week.

Anyway, tomorrow Wendyand I are all supposed to be hitting the Renaissance Festival (finally!), and I think that'll be great! I'm really looking forward to going in costume and everything!
Maybe we'll be able to swing by and visit Voltaire on the way.