Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Unexpected Houseguest

Well, I should have seen it coming. And I don't know why I didn't.

I got home from the Renaissance Festival on Sunday, and there was a note from Kumo. It said "Off running errands. Be home soon. K " The "be home soon" should've set off alarms, but for some reason didn't. Maybe I was just too tired. Sure enough, she did come back later. With an armload of her stuff.

Yesterday, before I went to school, I told her, "I don't mind if your stuff is here, but I can't have it scattered all over the place". So, when I got home last night, I discovered she had brought over her dresser, and taken mine to the basement. My baby sister has taken over my bedroom.

Here's my room BEFORE hurricane Kumo.



And here's my room AFTER hurricane Kumo.



The observant will notice there's a freakin' sword in my bed. That would be her katana, which she SLEEPS WITH. She also moved her other swords into my room, they're on the black dresser to the right. Apparently her black dresser is the latest in ninja furnishings.

When I asked her "Why are you moving your furniture over to my house?" she just said "Well, you said you didn't want my stuff everywhere." As if that made it all clear, and that was that.

My apartment isn't that big. I have no idea where I'm going to put Aunt Esther and the kids if Kumo is sleeping in the bedroom. I guess we'll figure it out Thursday when they arrive.

School is a little stressful, and tonight promises to be late because Hangface are in town and we have tickets!!! They're one of Wendy's favorite bands, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing them. But it means school tomorrow morning is going to be rough.

Anyway, Wendy told me that when she gets stressed out, sometimes it helps her to sit down at the harp and play. It helps her relax. So I gave the psaltery a try, and it went GREAT! I think I can make this work.



I'm going to build a stand for it, to hold it in this position, so I can play places other than the couch. I've never actually tried a bowed instrument before. Kind of wild. A little squeaky, but I think I'll get it. Once I'm feeling a little more confident, and I have my playing position better worked out, I'm going to try to find a teacher.

For now, I should be studying for palpation class. I'll report all my adventures with Hangface tomorrow!